18 Jul 15 Ways Your Body Can Heal with Chiropractic Care
People come to Eastern Oklahoma Chiropractic every day to get the classic back pain relief chiropractors are so well-known for. But you may not be aware of how many other good reasons there are to visit your chiropractor.
Because chiropractic takes a holistic approach to health, treatments can benefit your entire body.
Here we’ll talk about the wide range of common reasons people visit our practice, helping them get back to living their best, most pain-free life.
15 Common Conditions that Benefit from Chiropractic Care
Many problems throughout your body are caused by poor posture, stress, misalignments and other issues that respond well to chiropractic therapies. Typical situations include:
1. Back pain and sciatica. Pain is most common in the lower back and may be acute or chronic.
2. Recurring joint or muscle pain in the neck, shoulder, knee, hips, or feet. Misalignments or chronic conditions such as arthritis are frequent causes.
3. Headaches. Tension headaches often come from spinal misalignments, stress, dehydration, and poor nutrition. Chiropractic treatments can also relieve migraine headaches, reducing stress.
4. Stiffness and limited range of motion, such as frozen shoulder or difficulty turning your head.
5. Digestive problems benefit from an aligned spine, which improves your nervous system’s handling of digestion.
6. Injury from an accident, such as whiplash. Be alert for symptoms that may be delayed.
7. Frequent illness due to lowered immunity. Better nervous system performance means better immunity.
8. Sports injuries, including those from overuse.
9. Failing balance and mobility due to aging. Treatments, along with exercises to strengthen muscles and stability, keep you active.
10. ADHD. Chiropractic adjustments align the spine, improving the brain-body connection.
11. Allergies. Improving immune system performance with spinal adjustments can decrease your allergy symptoms.
12. Pregnancy. Adjustments relieve joint and muscle pain without medication.
13. Children’s joint and muscle imbalances. Chiropractic treatments can gently head off problems when they’re easier to treat in childhood.
14. Job-related pain, stiffness and overuse injuries. Discomfort may be caused by too much standing or sitting, and poor posture.
15. Reaching roadblocks in your fitness level. You can’t get full benefits from workouts if you’re in pain.
How Your Chiropractor Promotes the Healing Process
Chiropractic care brings relief to a wide variety of problems in your body because it resolves imbalances and impairments throughout your musculoskeletal system.
Spinal adjustments correct misalignments in your spine, restoring your body’s natural healing process. Your nervous system, responsible for so much of your overall health, can then perform at its best. The goal is long-term relief of the underlying sources of pain, without the use of medications or invasive measures.
Your chiropractor will perform a complete exam to find the root cause of your symptoms and set up a custom treatment program. Chiropractors also provide soft-tissue therapies and advise you on exercises, stretches, nutrition, stress management, ergonomics and other whole-body wellness practices.
The result: improved mobility, posture, health, and, of course, pain relief–for living your best life, beginning today.
Book Your Free Consultation at Eastern Oklahoma Chiropractic
We’re here to help you feel great. Call our Broken Arrow office at 918-940-4630 today.